Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Page 54

FIRST      PREV      NEXT      LAST

First-timers following links from the Eisner Award nominations, welcome and thanks. I'm honored.

If you want to read THE LAST MECHANICAL MONSTER from the beginning, it starts here.

If you're curious about who I am, what this is about, why it's in black and white, and why the heck it's on Blogger, I tried to explain all that here.

I am genuinely interested in constructive feedback. A lot of people say that but I mean it. I encourage any comments you want to leave on any pages, with appreciation.
.

2 comments:

  1. I just got here today, read the whole thing so far in about an hour. I am kinda blown away by how good this is, and Thanks, this is always been a favorite cartoon of mine, and to see it continued in such a way, I like that.

    I do want to know, is this your own take on the DCU as a whole, Was Supes the only hero in this particular universe? O so many questions... :) I hope the comic keeps going for a long long time so you can answer them all in story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, thanks very much for reading and leaving such a nice comment! Much appreciated.

    For obvious reasons, my story won't have much to say about the DC Universe. I've got no dibs on that playground. In my mind, in my universe, Superman appeared in 1939 and had the adventures seen in the Fleischer films. These people live in a world where that happened, and I plan to suggest that in some subtle ways (some via color when I have a chance to color it; for example, Lillian and a lot of people favor primary blue, red and yellow because Superman influenced fashion). I don't know what happened to Superman after that; maybe he's still around, maybe he disappeared in 1953. I don't think he ever developed the outlandish strength and powers of the Silver Age.

    I don't think there are a lot of other superheroes hanging around my world because they'd make it unrecognizably different from ours. ("Another intergalactic invasion? Ho hum.") Maybe none.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete