Friday, July 25, 2014

Page 83

FIRST      PREV      NEXT      LAST

Tonight I'll be at Comic-Con International in San Diego, learning whether "The Last Mechanical Monster" has won an Eisner Award. I was going to joke that the (probable) alternative would be like being crushed beneath the steel foot of a giant robot, but it wouldn't. I'm grateful for the nomination, glad to be seeing friends, and just happy to be making comics and participating in the whole thing. Still, today's installment seems somehow apt; if you're inclined, wish me luck!


10 comments:

  1. Hoping for good luck or at least high arches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck and thanks for the great artwork and story. I look forward to every Tuesday and Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck.
    I'm a new reader and I'd like to say thanks for drawing a fantastic comic and writing a great story. Your work is better than so many webcomics I see. I truly hope you win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everybody! The Last Mechanical Monster didn't win an Eisner, but I met some great people and got a few hints that the comic might have a future beyond this backwater Web existence. I'll keep you posted, and meanwhile I'll keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to point this out, but shouldn't that be #13 bot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kedamono, Good eye! The Fleischer cartoon has a big continuity error: the robot that robs the House of Jewels is shown as both #5 and #13, depending on the shot. It changes from moment to moment. I had to pick one so I went with #5. Although now that I review, #13 has more screen time, so I might change it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LATER NOTE: I decided Kedamono was right. Although the Fleischer cartoon showed the jewel heist's robot as both No. 5 and 13, I decided 13 was a better choice (because "13" is shown more often and, once back in the cavern lair, we see No. 5 loitering to one side with the other robots!), so I've changed it. Thanks for the contribution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, Sparky is using the '13' remote in the lair! ;) (I know you already changed it, but I thought it was worth pointing out as well.... )

      Delete