Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Page 166

FIRST      PREV      NEXT      LAST

In the previous page's comments, reader Royce Day linked to his own take on how he thought The Last Mechanical Monster should end. His short story does a nice job capturing Lillian's voice and includes a character I couldn't. My only hesitation in recommending it is that it might be better than what I've got planned. As I replied to Royce, as far as I know I've never been fan-fictioned before!

* * *

New readers and Eisner voters! Thanks for dropping by, I appreciate it. If you'd like to catch up, I recommend beginning with my story's Preface before going on to Page 1. It's a pretty quick read.

You can use the links above to navigate, or click on each page to advance to the next.

And if you like the story, please come back and tell a friend. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, your ending looks to be a lot happier. There's room for both in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian,
    I've been a faithful reader since the beginning (I commented on the ESM series of vacuum tubes). I just want to commend you for what you've written here.

    I would have enjoyed this comic as a long running series, and I don't want to see it end. I think you're making a good choice, though, since many authors don't know when the story is over and just keep going.

    Congratulations on seeing that old Fliescher cartoon and having a vision of what it could become. Thanks for showing us what happened to Sparky after he got out.

    I hope to witness your next project.

    ReplyDelete